In this week’s exclusive interview with Bobby V the singer told our own DJ Z one of his personal songwriting secrets: when crafting a potential single, he plays the work in progress for his 10-year-old nephew. Bobby V. clearly employed this strategy on Beep, which featured yet another of his kid-approved sound-effect hooks, and the official remix (previously leaked to the Internet in an unfinished form) finds him adding some big-name muscle to the catchy Rebirth lead single. Filling in for the originally-featured Yung Joc, Luda, Lil’ Kim, and Mrs. Officer collaborator Lil Wayne each contribute a new verse over Big Fruit‘s mellow beat. While a little racy for the grade-school set, this revamp breathes new life into the sultry original, and should have listeners flocking to their local record shops on February 10th, when The Rebirth hits stores.
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.