In this week’s exclusive interview with Bobby V the singer told our own DJ Z one of his personal songwriting secrets: when crafting a potential single, he plays the work in progress for his 10-year-old nephew. Bobby V. clearly employed this strategy on Beep, which featured yet another of his kid-approved sound-effect hooks, and the official remix (previously leaked to the Internet in an unfinished form) finds him adding some big-name muscle to the catchy Rebirth lead single. Filling in for the originally-featured Yung Joc, Luda, Lil’ Kim, and Mrs. Officer collaborator Lil Wayne each contribute a new verse over Big Fruit‘s mellow beat. While a little racy for the grade-school set, this revamp breathes new life into the sultry original, and should have listeners flocking to their local record shops on February 10th, when The Rebirth hits stores.
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)