In this week’s exclusive interview with Bobby V the singer told our own DJ Z one of his personal songwriting secrets: when crafting a potential single, he plays the work in progress for his 10-year-old nephew. Bobby V. clearly employed this strategy on Beep, which featured yet another of his kid-approved sound-effect hooks, and the official remix (previously leaked to the Internet in an unfinished form) finds him adding some big-name muscle to the catchy Rebirth lead single. Filling in for the originally-featured Yung Joc, Luda, Lil’ Kim, and Mrs. Officer collaborator Lil Wayne each contribute a new verse over Big Fruit‘s mellow beat. While a little racy for the grade-school set, this revamp breathes new life into the sultry original, and should have listeners flocking to their local record shops on February 10th, when The Rebirth hits stores.
Written by richard on 01/22/09
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.