Bobby V has gone through some major career changes this year, which include his decision to leave Disturbing Tha Peace and Def Jam; a move that he revealed exclusively to DJBooth. Following the release of an online-only EP, the singer signed a distribution deal with EMI for his very own Blu Kolla Dreams imprint and is now preparing a new project. While the R&B crooner may be looking to switch up his style on the hip hop infused new single, Beep Beep, the song’s hook maintains his suggestive sound effects. Complimenting the record, ala the Lil’ Wayne and BV collaboration Mrs. Officer, is Yung Joc. Bobby V will release The Rebirth before the end of the year.
Written by Erica L. on 08/18/08
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.