Bobby V learned about the ups and downs of fame at a young age. Getting his start at age 13 in the R&B vocal group MISTA, Bobby V got his first taste of success as the single “Blackberry Molasses” gained popularity. However, plans for a second MISTA album failed to come to fruition. “This was a rough time in my life, one day you’re on TV, living the life and the next day you are back to reality, ” says Bobby V. “But I didn’t give up.” And his persistence paid off –signed to Disturbing Tha Peace Records, Bobby V released his second solo effort, Special Occasion, this month. The second single from the album, entitled Rearview Ridin’, is a slick, Timbaland-produced ballad featuring a performance from DTP label head, Ludacris.
Written by Beeb on 05/18/07
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.