Bobby V learned about the ups and downs of fame at a young age. Getting his start at age 13 in the R&B vocal group MISTA, Bobby V got his first taste of success as the single “Blackberry Molasses” gained popularity. However, plans for a second MISTA album failed to come to fruition. “This was a rough time in my life, one day you’re on TV, living the life and the next day you are back to reality, ” says Bobby V. “But I didn’t give up.” And his persistence paid off –signed to Disturbing Tha Peace Records, Bobby V released his second solo effort, Special Occasion, this month. The second single from the album, entitled Rearview Ridin’, is a slick, Timbaland-produced ballad featuring a performance from DTP label head, Ludacris.
Written by Beeb on 05/18/07
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.