Bobby V learned about the ups and downs of fame at a young age. Getting his start at age 13 in the R&B vocal group MISTA, Bobby V got his first taste of success as the single “Blackberry Molasses” gained popularity. However, plans for a second MISTA album failed to come to fruition. “This was a rough time in my life, one day you’re on TV, living the life and the next day you are back to reality, ” says Bobby V. “But I didn’t give up.” And his persistence paid off –signed to Disturbing Tha Peace Records, Bobby V released his second solo effort, Special Occasion, this month. The second single from the album, entitled Rearview Ridin’, is a slick, Timbaland-produced ballad featuring a performance from DTP label head, Ludacris.
Written by Beeb on 05/18/07
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.