When we interviewed Bobby V last April, the singer revealed plans to go the independent route for the foreseeable future, but he ultimately opted to sign a deal with EMI Distribution for his junior album, Rebirth. On the follow-up to Yung Joc-assisted lead single Beep Beep, the ATL crooner focuses in on his favorite thing about his woman – apparently, there’s something about the Butterfly Tattoo on that lady’s lower back that really turns him on. Up-and-coming R&B producer L.O.S. da Mystro (J. Holiday‘s Bed, The-Dream‘s My Love) contributes a mid-tempo groove, hoping to add to his hit train when Butterfly Tattoo impacts radio in three weeks. Judging by Rebirth‘s Febuary 10 release date, V’s quite confident in the album’s ability to move units; not only does he plan to take advantage of the strong Valentine’s Day sales, but also to compete with fellow R&B heavyweight Ryan Leslie‘s forthcoming release. Check back to the Booth next week when Bobby V stops by for another exclusive interview.
Listen to More: Bobby V
Written by Burmy on 01/15/09
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.