When we interviewed Bobby V last April, the singer revealed plans to go the independent route for the foreseeable future, but he ultimately opted to sign a deal with EMI Distribution for his junior album, Rebirth. On the follow-up to Yung Joc-assisted lead single Beep Beep, the ATL crooner focuses in on his favorite thing about his woman – apparently, there’s something about the Butterfly Tattoo on that lady’s lower back that really turns him on. Up-and-coming R&B producer L.O.S. da Mystro (J. Holiday‘s Bed, The-Dream‘s My Love) contributes a mid-tempo groove, hoping to add to his hit train when Butterfly Tattoo impacts radio in three weeks. Judging by Rebirth‘s Febuary 10 release date, V’s quite confident in the album’s ability to move units; not only does he plan to take advantage of the strong Valentine’s Day sales, but also to compete with fellow R&B heavyweight Ryan Leslie‘s forthcoming release. Check back to the Booth next week when Bobby V stops by for another exclusive interview.
Written by Burmy on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.