Ever thought about how ironic it is that the axiom “Actions speak louder than words” is itself made up of, well, Words? Unless you’re communicating in sign-language… or hieroglyphics. OK, maybe I’m overanalyzing a little – in any case, it’s got a much nicer ring than the less diplomatic ”Put or up or shut up.” However you choose to word it, that sentiment is the theme of the latest single from Bobby V., on which the R&B mainstay challenges a girl to demonstrate through her behavior that she’s wifey material. Backed by the breezy synth production of The Pentagon (formerly The Underdogs), the EMI/Blue Kolla crooner shows his vulnerable side as he asks the aforementioned female to allay his doubts – in the process, of course, exhibiting all of the smooth vocal skills that fans have come to expect. So, Booth readers, how does this joint stack up against fake-lead single Stilettos & T-Shirt and actual-lead single Phone #? If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Bobby V.‘s junior album, Fly on the Wall, which is currently set for release in early 2011.
Listen to More: Bobby V
Written by richard on 10/12/10
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.