Ever thought about how ironic it is that the axiom “Actions speak louder than words” is itself made up of, well, Words? Unless you’re communicating in sign-language… or hieroglyphics. OK, maybe I’m overanalyzing a little – in any case, it’s got a much nicer ring than the less diplomatic ”Put or up or shut up.” However you choose to word it, that sentiment is the theme of the latest single from Bobby V., on which the R&B mainstay challenges a girl to demonstrate through her behavior that she’s wifey material. Backed by the breezy synth production of The Pentagon (formerly The Underdogs), the EMI/Blue Kolla crooner shows his vulnerable side as he asks the aforementioned female to allay his doubts – in the process, of course, exhibiting all of the smooth vocal skills that fans have come to expect. So, Booth readers, how does this joint stack up against fake-lead single Stilettos & T-Shirt and actual-lead single Phone #? If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Bobby V.‘s junior album, Fly on the Wall, which is currently set for release in early 2011.
Written by richard on 10/12/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.