Ever thought about how ironic it is that the axiom “Actions speak louder than words” is itself made up of, well, Words? Unless you’re communicating in sign-language… or hieroglyphics. OK, maybe I’m overanalyzing a little – in any case, it’s got a much nicer ring than the less diplomatic ”Put or up or shut up.” However you choose to word it, that sentiment is the theme of the latest single from Bobby V., on which the R&B mainstay challenges a girl to demonstrate through her behavior that she’s wifey material. Backed by the breezy synth production of The Pentagon (formerly The Underdogs), the EMI/Blue Kolla crooner shows his vulnerable side as he asks the aforementioned female to allay his doubts – in the process, of course, exhibiting all of the smooth vocal skills that fans have come to expect. So, Booth readers, how does this joint stack up against fake-lead single Stilettos & T-Shirt and actual-lead single Phone #? If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Bobby V.‘s junior album, Fly on the Wall, which is currently set for release in early 2011.
Listen to More: Bobby V Written by richard
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.