Ever thought about how ironic it is that the axiom “Actions speak louder than words” is itself made up of, well, Words? Unless you’re communicating in sign-language… or hieroglyphics. OK, maybe I’m overanalyzing a little – in any case, it’s got a much nicer ring than the less diplomatic ”Put or up or shut up.” However you choose to word it, that sentiment is the theme of the latest single from Bobby V., on which the R&B mainstay challenges a girl to demonstrate through her behavior that she’s wifey material. Backed by the breezy synth production of The Pentagon (formerly The Underdogs), the EMI/Blue Kolla crooner shows his vulnerable side as he asks the aforementioned female to allay his doubts – in the process, of course, exhibiting all of the smooth vocal skills that fans have come to expect. So, Booth readers, how does this joint stack up against fake-lead single Stilettos & T-Shirt and actual-lead single Phone #? If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll want to keep it locked for the latest on Bobby V.‘s junior album, Fly on the Wall, which is currently set for release in early 2011.
Written by richard on 10/12/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)