True fact number one: Apparently there’s an English violinist named Bobby Valentino that’s not particularly into sharing his name, hence the Special Occasion crooner’s name change to Bobby V
. True fact number two: Bobby V prefers his women Naked. Ok, so that second fact isn’t exactly groundbreaking, but that doesn’t make it any less true. For his new cut Bobby recruits producer Terrace Martin for a supremely laid back beat overlaid with silky strings and piano lines that brings to mind the golden era of Brian McKnight. Vocally Bobby does, well, exactly what you’d expect him to do; lay down line after seductive line in the same elite voice that first earned him a spot on R&B’s radar: “Don’t bring your clothes / don’t bring your phone / I just wanna see you naked.” I can’t exactly recommend listening to this one sans-clothing, but if you’re so inclined we won’t judge. Fans thirsty for more Bobby V can look forward to a brand new mixtape, Vitamin V, dropping December 20 ahead of his fifth studio album, currently slated for a summer of 2012 release.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/30/11
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)