True fact number one: Apparently there’s an English violinist named Bobby Valentino that’s not particularly into sharing his name, hence the Special Occasion crooner’s name change to Bobby V
. True fact number two: Bobby V prefers his women Naked. Ok, so that second fact isn’t exactly groundbreaking, but that doesn’t make it any less true. For his new cut Bobby recruits producer Terrace Martin for a supremely laid back beat overlaid with silky strings and piano lines that brings to mind the golden era of Brian McKnight. Vocally Bobby does, well, exactly what you’d expect him to do; lay down line after seductive line in the same elite voice that first earned him a spot on R&B’s radar: “Don’t bring your clothes / don’t bring your phone / I just wanna see you naked.” I can’t exactly recommend listening to this one sans-clothing, but if you’re so inclined we won’t judge. Fans thirsty for more Bobby V can look forward to a brand new mixtape, Vitamin V, dropping December 20 ahead of his fifth studio album, currently slated for a summer of 2012 release.
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.