Released in ‘94 as the second single off the Bone Brothers’ debut set, Foe the Love of $ may be the smoothest, most sensual ode to the Almighty Dollar ever recorded; thus it could hardly be a better fit for Bobby V.‘s brand new freestyle, which finds the R&B mainstay waxing poetic about his first and second loves: women and currency. Over DJ Yella‘s blissed-out boardwork, rendered even silkier by some added guitar riffs, the Blu Kolla dreamer gives us his take on Hova‘s Girls (“Got a girl named Cheryl at American Apparel…”), before turning to the topic of dollars, pesos, yen, euros… you get the picture. G.O.O.D. signee Cyhi Da Prynce takes over on the back, expressing his own affection for the Jacksons and Benjamins in a pungent guest 16: “I gotta make a profit, when I’m sellin’ onions / Now I’m stackin’ chips, so all I smell is Funyuns.” While 60 More Minutes has yet to receive a solid release date, those who enjoyed this high-rolling freestyle can find more new Bobby V material on the singer’s Fly on the Wall LP, scheduled to hit stores in March.
Written by richard on 01/6/11
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)