Released in ‘94 as the second single off the Bone Brothers’ debut set, Foe the Love of $ may be the smoothest, most sensual ode to the Almighty Dollar ever recorded; thus it could hardly be a better fit for Bobby V.‘s brand new freestyle, which finds the R&B mainstay waxing poetic about his first and second loves: women and currency. Over DJ Yella‘s blissed-out boardwork, rendered even silkier by some added guitar riffs, the Blu Kolla dreamer gives us his take on Hova‘s Girls (“Got a girl named Cheryl at American Apparel…”), before turning to the topic of dollars, pesos, yen, euros… you get the picture. G.O.O.D. signee Cyhi Da Prynce takes over on the back, expressing his own affection for the Jacksons and Benjamins in a pungent guest 16: “I gotta make a profit, when I’m sellin’ onions / Now I’m stackin’ chips, so all I smell is Funyuns.” While 60 More Minutes has yet to receive a solid release date, those who enjoyed this high-rolling freestyle can find more new Bobby V material on the singer’s Fly on the Wall LP, scheduled to hit stores in March.
Written by richard on 01/6/11
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.