Released in ‘94 as the second single off the Bone Brothers’ debut set, Foe the Love of $ may be the smoothest, most sensual ode to the Almighty Dollar ever recorded; thus it could hardly be a better fit for Bobby V.‘s brand new freestyle, which finds the R&B mainstay waxing poetic about his first and second loves: women and currency. Over DJ Yella‘s blissed-out boardwork, rendered even silkier by some added guitar riffs, the Blu Kolla dreamer gives us his take on Hova‘s Girls (“Got a girl named Cheryl at American Apparel…”), before turning to the topic of dollars, pesos, yen, euros… you get the picture. G.O.O.D. signee Cyhi Da Prynce takes over on the back, expressing his own affection for the Jacksons and Benjamins in a pungent guest 16: “I gotta make a profit, when I’m sellin’ onions / Now I’m stackin’ chips, so all I smell is Funyuns.” While 60 More Minutes has yet to receive a solid release date, those who enjoyed this high-rolling freestyle can find more new Bobby V material on the singer’s Fly on the Wall LP, scheduled to hit stores in March.
Written by richard on 01/6/11
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.