Released in ‘94 as the second single off the Bone Brothers’ debut set, Foe the Love of $ may be the smoothest, most sensual ode to the Almighty Dollar ever recorded; thus it could hardly be a better fit for Bobby V.‘s brand new freestyle, which finds the R&B mainstay waxing poetic about his first and second loves: women and currency. Over DJ Yella‘s blissed-out boardwork, rendered even silkier by some added guitar riffs, the Blu Kolla dreamer gives us his take on Hova‘s Girls (“Got a girl named Cheryl at American Apparel…”), before turning to the topic of dollars, pesos, yen, euros… you get the picture. G.O.O.D. signee Cyhi Da Prynce takes over on the back, expressing his own affection for the Jacksons and Benjamins in a pungent guest 16: “I gotta make a profit, when I’m sellin’ onions / Now I’m stackin’ chips, so all I smell is Funyuns.” While 60 More Minutes has yet to receive a solid release date, those who enjoyed this high-rolling freestyle can find more new Bobby V material on the singer’s Fly on the Wall LP, scheduled to hit stores in March.
Written by richard on 01/6/11
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.