No longer satisfied to confine his musical experiments to the studio, Bobby V.‘s now looking to expand the aural possibilities of the bedroom. Following in the footsteps of R. Kelly, who set out to make a woman yodel with pleasure on ‘09s Echo, the Blu Kolla crooner tantalizes his girl with promises of “sex so good… you can’t do nothin’ but hum.” on potential single selection Hummin. Here, L.O.S. Da Mystro‘s silky-smooth synth boardwork sets the stage for more of the smooth vocal stylings and sensual lyricism fans know and love. After Bobby’s verses, which detail an epic lovemaking session spanning nearly every room in his house, Lloyd Banks grabs the mic to chronicle a fling so intense it nearly knocked his bed right off the frame. Smooth beat, freaky verses, catchy chorus, this cut seems to have it all… well, except for any actual humming (“Ooh” and “Ahh” don’t count). Perhaps listeners are supposed to provide their own accompaniment? If you find yourself doing as the title says, more hummable jams await on Bobby’s senior set, Fly on the Wall, set to drop March 22.
Written by richard on 03/9/11
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.