Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Bobby V.‘s last feature, fall 2012’s Role Play, saw the R&B heavyweight and his girl adding a little spice to their sex life by trying out a variety of different characters. On freshly-minted EP single Back to Love, on the other hand, he returns to the fundamentals. No costumes, props or gimmicks—just him and a special woman, enjoying each other’s company. That innocent, nostalgic ethos pervades not only Bobby. V.‘s verses, but also the instrumental backdrop. Co-producing the cut in conjunction with Murphy Mitchell, Jeff B and J. Leon, the artist eschews drum machines and glossy synths in favor of a light, jazzy live-band arrangement. Are you digging the latest evolution in Bobby V.‘s style? Then you’re sure to find more to your liking on his Peach Moon EP, scheduled for release this summer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Bobby V’s GVisuals-directed Back to Love visual.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.