Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Bobby V.‘s last feature, fall 2012’s Role Play, saw the R&B heavyweight and his girl adding a little spice to their sex life by trying out a variety of different characters. On freshly-minted EP single Back to Love, on the other hand, he returns to the fundamentals. No costumes, props or gimmicks—just him and a special woman, enjoying each other’s company. That innocent, nostalgic ethos pervades not only Bobby. V.‘s verses, but also the instrumental backdrop. Co-producing the cut in conjunction with Murphy Mitchell, Jeff B and J. Leon, the artist eschews drum machines and glossy synths in favor of a light, jazzy live-band arrangement. Are you digging the latest evolution in Bobby V.‘s style? Then you’re sure to find more to your liking on his Peach Moon EP, scheduled for release this summer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Bobby V’s GVisuals-directed Back to Love visual.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
R&B hitmaker Bobby V has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Peach Moon (Vibes, Moods, Moments) EP. The first EP of his career and his first non-mixtape release since last year’s Dusk Till Dawn, it...
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.