Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Bobby V.‘s last feature, fall 2012’s Role Play, saw the R&B heavyweight and his girl adding a little spice to their sex life by trying out a variety of different characters. On freshly-minted EP single Back to Love, on the other hand, he returns to the fundamentals. No costumes, props or gimmicks—just him and a special woman, enjoying each other’s company. That innocent, nostalgic ethos pervades not only Bobby. V.‘s verses, but also the instrumental backdrop. Co-producing the cut in conjunction with Murphy Mitchell, Jeff B and J. Leon, the artist eschews drum machines and glossy synths in favor of a light, jazzy live-band arrangement. Are you digging the latest evolution in Bobby V.‘s style? Then you’re sure to find more to your liking on his Peach Moon EP, scheduled for release this summer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Bobby V’s GVisuals-directed Back to Love visual.
Written by richard on 07/9/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.