OK, you may want to sit down for this one. On Alter Ego, the second half of Bobby V‘s new dual single (see also Words), the Blu Kolla crooner reveals a shocking secret: “I can’t lie, I like to have sex.” That’s right: though he’s a gentleman by day, when evening rolls around, the Atlanta native sometimes enjoys engaging in sexual intercourse with women. I’ll let you catch your breath. All good? Good. Backed by the heavily-syncopated synth-percussion boardwork of Jazze Pha, the singer admits that, when lust overtakes him, he transforms into a totally different person. 50 Cent can relate; on the front end the G-Unit head honcho confesses that not only does he have a freaky evil twin of his own, but his alter ego comes in the guise of a mild-mannered schoolteacher: “Little roleplay: you’re a schoolgirl, are you ready for the lesson I’ma teach you?” Needless to say, this joint stands in stark contrast to its more commitment-minded counterpart. Can Bobby V truly be all things to all people? We’ll find out next year, when the singer’s Fly on the Wall LP hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 11/4/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.