OK, you may want to sit down for this one. On Alter Ego, the second half of Bobby V‘s new dual single (see also Words), the Blu Kolla crooner reveals a shocking secret: “I can’t lie, I like to have sex.” That’s right: though he’s a gentleman by day, when evening rolls around, the Atlanta native sometimes enjoys engaging in sexual intercourse with women. I’ll let you catch your breath. All good? Good. Backed by the heavily-syncopated synth-percussion boardwork of Jazze Pha, the singer admits that, when lust overtakes him, he transforms into a totally different person. 50 Cent can relate; on the front end the G-Unit head honcho confesses that not only does he have a freaky evil twin of his own, but his alter ego comes in the guise of a mild-mannered schoolteacher: “Little roleplay: you’re a schoolgirl, are you ready for the lesson I’ma teach you?” Needless to say, this joint stands in stark contrast to its more commitment-minded counterpart. Can Bobby V truly be all things to all people? We’ll find out next year, when the singer’s Fly on the Wall LP hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 11/4/10
Submit your Rating
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.