OK, you may want to sit down for this one. On Alter Ego, the second half of Bobby V‘s new dual single (see also Words), the Blu Kolla crooner reveals a shocking secret: “I can’t lie, I like to have sex.” That’s right: though he’s a gentleman by day, when evening rolls around, the Atlanta native sometimes enjoys engaging in sexual intercourse with women. I’ll let you catch your breath. All good? Good. Backed by the heavily-syncopated synth-percussion boardwork of Jazze Pha, the singer admits that, when lust overtakes him, he transforms into a totally different person. 50 Cent can relate; on the front end the G-Unit head honcho confesses that not only does he have a freaky evil twin of his own, but his alter ego comes in the guise of a mild-mannered schoolteacher: “Little roleplay: you’re a schoolgirl, are you ready for the lesson I’ma teach you?” Needless to say, this joint stands in stark contrast to its more commitment-minded counterpart. Can Bobby V truly be all things to all people? We’ll find out next year, when the singer’s Fly on the Wall LP hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 11/4/10
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)