OK, you may want to sit down for this one. On Alter Ego, the second half of Bobby V‘s new dual single (see also Words), the Blu Kolla crooner reveals a shocking secret: “I can’t lie, I like to have sex.” That’s right: though he’s a gentleman by day, when evening rolls around, the Atlanta native sometimes enjoys engaging in sexual intercourse with women. I’ll let you catch your breath. All good? Good. Backed by the heavily-syncopated synth-percussion boardwork of Jazze Pha, the singer admits that, when lust overtakes him, he transforms into a totally different person. 50 Cent can relate; on the front end the G-Unit head honcho confesses that not only does he have a freaky evil twin of his own, but his alter ego comes in the guise of a mild-mannered schoolteacher: “Little roleplay: you’re a schoolgirl, are you ready for the lesson I’ma teach you?” Needless to say, this joint stands in stark contrast to its more commitment-minded counterpart. Can Bobby V truly be all things to all people? We’ll find out next year, when the singer’s Fly on the Wall LP hits record store shelves and online retailers.
Blue Kolla Dreams
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.