Featuring timeless designs and bright colors that simply scream, “Put Me On,” Reebok’s Classics line practically sells itself, but those who tastes in both footwear and hip-hop run old-school are sure to appreciate the bangin’ musical bonus that will come with their brand new kicks. The latest artist to update a retro favorite for the shoe manufacturer’s Classic Remix Collection, Bobby Ray (aka B.o.B) has flipped A Tribe Called Quest’s 1990 hit, Bonita Applebum, into a nostalgic tribute to the music and fashion that defined his formative years. With retro, sample driven production back en vogue, it’s no surprise that the Tribe’s jazzy instrumental, centered around a memorable sitar riff from Rotary Connection’s Memory Band, sounds as fresh as ever; Bobby even heightens the feel-good vibe with some mellow acoustic guitar strumming. An easygoing track perfect for those long summer nights, Put Me On is a shoe-in for rave Booth reviews (I know, I know, it’s “shoo-in;” the pun was just too awful to resist), and may even have a few heading down to Foot Locker for a fresh pair of sneaks and a free download code.
Written by richard on 05/26/09
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.