Featuring timeless designs and bright colors that simply scream, “Put Me On,” Reebok’s Classics line practically sells itself, but those who tastes in both footwear and hip-hop run old-school are sure to appreciate the bangin’ musical bonus that will come with their brand new kicks. The latest artist to update a retro favorite for the shoe manufacturer’s Classic Remix Collection, Bobby Ray (aka B.o.B) has flipped A Tribe Called Quest’s 1990 hit, Bonita Applebum, into a nostalgic tribute to the music and fashion that defined his formative years. With retro, sample driven production back en vogue, it’s no surprise that the Tribe’s jazzy instrumental, centered around a memorable sitar riff from Rotary Connection’s Memory Band, sounds as fresh as ever; Bobby even heightens the feel-good vibe with some mellow acoustic guitar strumming. An easygoing track perfect for those long summer nights, Put Me On is a shoe-in for rave Booth reviews (I know, I know, it’s “shoo-in;” the pun was just too awful to resist), and may even have a few heading down to Foot Locker for a fresh pair of sneaks and a free download code.
Written by richard on 05/26/09
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.