Featuring timeless designs and bright colors that simply scream, “Put Me On,” Reebok’s Classics line practically sells itself, but those who tastes in both footwear and hip-hop run old-school are sure to appreciate the bangin’ musical bonus that will come with their brand new kicks. The latest artist to update a retro favorite for the shoe manufacturer’s Classic Remix Collection, Bobby Ray (aka B.o.B) has flipped A Tribe Called Quest’s 1990 hit, Bonita Applebum, into a nostalgic tribute to the music and fashion that defined his formative years. With retro, sample driven production back en vogue, it’s no surprise that the Tribe’s jazzy instrumental, centered around a memorable sitar riff from Rotary Connection’s Memory Band, sounds as fresh as ever; Bobby even heightens the feel-good vibe with some mellow acoustic guitar strumming. An easygoing track perfect for those long summer nights, Put Me On is a shoe-in for rave Booth reviews (I know, I know, it’s “shoo-in;” the pun was just too awful to resist), and may even have a few heading down to Foot Locker for a fresh pair of sneaks and a free download code.
Listen to More: B.o.B
Written by richard on 05/26/09
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)