When someone says the word “Scrubs,” TLC’s legendary cut instantly comes to mind, right? Well, unless you thought of the traditional hospital garb, your first instinct is the correct one when it comes to Bobby James’s Booth debut. The North Carolina native takes a big risk, basing his latest song release around a certified classic, but fans of Left Eye and co. will approve, as the artist puts his own unique spin on the classic. Atop Casino Crisis’s soft, shrouded beat (featuring a sample from No Scrubs, of course) Bobby showcases a style that makes it sound like he, too, has a group that is three members strong. He gets things started with some smooth, slightly flanged crooning (used on the hook as well), before introducing a calm, yet speedy flow that seems to gain momentum with each line. Scrubs can be found on Bobby’s The Ugly Duckling tape, released back in October.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
Main Event Army
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls Love Aaliyah" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.