When someone says the word “Scrubs,” TLC’s legendary cut instantly comes to mind, right? Well, unless you thought of the traditional hospital garb, your first instinct is the correct one when it comes to Bobby James’s Booth debut. The North Carolina native takes a big risk, basing his latest song release around a certified classic, but fans of Left Eye and co. will approve, as the artist puts his own unique spin on the classic. Atop Casino Crisis’s soft, shrouded beat (featuring a sample from No Scrubs, of course) Bobby showcases a style that makes it sound like he, too, has a group that is three members strong. He gets things started with some smooth, slightly flanged crooning (used on the hook as well), before introducing a calm, yet speedy flow that seems to gain momentum with each line. Scrubs can be found on Bobby’s The Ugly Duckling tape, released back in October.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
Main Event Army
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls Love Aaliyah" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.