When someone says the word “Scrubs,” TLC’s legendary cut instantly comes to mind, right? Well, unless you thought of the traditional hospital garb, your first instinct is the correct one when it comes to Bobby James’s Booth debut. The North Carolina native takes a big risk, basing his latest song release around a certified classic, but fans of Left Eye and co. will approve, as the artist puts his own unique spin on the classic. Atop Casino Crisis’s soft, shrouded beat (featuring a sample from No Scrubs, of course) Bobby showcases a style that makes it sound like he, too, has a group that is three members strong. He gets things started with some smooth, slightly flanged crooning (used on the hook as well), before introducing a calm, yet speedy flow that seems to gain momentum with each line. Scrubs can be found on Bobby’s The Ugly Duckling tape, released back in October.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
Main Event Army
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls Love Aaliyah" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.