In the past year-and-a-half, Shady Records lost no less than half of its artists; Obie Trice and Stat Quo‘s departures were both accompanied by tracks explaining the reasons for their leaving (So Much Drama and Dear Summer Pts. 1 & 2, respectively). Now, Bobby Creekwater has become the latest artist to split from Em‘s brand—and, in response to reports that his departure wasn’t voluntary, he’s released a new single recounting a few other events that occurred “The Day I Got Dropped: 2Pac and Biggie came back from the dead, Bill O’Reilly got in the studio to make his own rap album, the Chicago Cubs won the World Series…. Just as The Invisible‘s beat reaches its end, Creek drives the message home: “I didn’t get dropped; I got the same thing convicts get once they finish their bid.” Fans won’t have to wait very long to hear the fruits of Bobby Creekwater’s newfound freedom; his The Day It All Made Sense EP drops August 31st.
Listen to More: Bobby Creekwater
Written by Burmy on 08/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Acid Rain ft. Kamilah Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.