In the past year-and-a-half, Shady Records lost no less than half of its artists; Obie Trice and Stat Quo‘s departures were both accompanied by tracks explaining the reasons for their leaving (So Much Drama and Dear Summer Pts. 1 & 2, respectively). Now, Bobby Creekwater has become the latest artist to split from Em‘s brand—and, in response to reports that his departure wasn’t voluntary, he’s released a new single recounting a few other events that occurred “The Day I Got Dropped: 2Pac and Biggie came back from the dead, Bill O’Reilly got in the studio to make his own rap album, the Chicago Cubs won the World Series…. Just as The Invisible‘s beat reaches its end, Creek drives the message home: “I didn’t get dropped; I got the same thing convicts get once they finish their bid.” Fans won’t have to wait very long to hear the fruits of Bobby Creekwater’s newfound freedom; his The Day It All Made Sense EP drops August 31st.
Listen to More: Bobby Creekwater Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Acid Rain ft. Kamilah Summer" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.