Yesterday, DJBooth featured Stat Quo‘s Dear Summer (Pt. 1), in which the Shady/Aftermath signee shared his story of life on the label back burner. During his freestyle, Stat mentions the signing of a fellow ATLien and good friend; that man is Bobby Creekwater, and, like his labelmate, BC remains optimistic about the release of his forthcoming debut. Though he has enjoyed the perks of his major-label situation, he is adamant about Not Yet being done with his hood. Drumma Boy protégé Insane Wayne, obviously having listened to some of Bobby’s previous buzz singles, implements a classical-sounding production. The B.C. Era is tentatively set to drop before the end of the year, but given the track record of Shady/Aftermath/Interscope, the Booth is keeping its fingers crossed.
Listen to More: Bobby Creekwater
Written by Burmy on 08/25/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Acid Rain ft. Kamilah Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.