Yesterday, DJBooth featured Stat Quo‘s Dear Summer (Pt. 1), in which the Shady/Aftermath signee shared his story of life on the label back burner. During his freestyle, Stat mentions the signing of a fellow ATLien and good friend; that man is Bobby Creekwater, and, like his labelmate, BC remains optimistic about the release of his forthcoming debut. Though he has enjoyed the perks of his major-label situation, he is adamant about Not Yet being done with his hood. Drumma Boy protégé Insane Wayne, obviously having listened to some of Bobby’s previous buzz singles, implements a classical-sounding production. The B.C. Era is tentatively set to drop before the end of the year, but given the track record of Shady/Aftermath/Interscope, the Booth is keeping its fingers crossed.
Listen to More: Bobby Creekwater
Written by Burmy on 08/25/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Acid Rain ft. Kamilah Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)