As we heard on his recently released Back to the Briefcase 2 mixtape, former Shady representative turned independent champion Bobby Creekwater is an emcee of many voices, equally capable of murdering a track or making sweet, sweet love to it. On his latest offering Love No More we’re treated to a more subdued, observational side of Creek as he breaks down the sad state of affairs that is the modern hip-hop game. Backed by beatsmiths The Invisibles, who make themselves heard and not seen with a slowly unraveling, string laden beat, Creek gets lyrically abstract at times on the track, describing the push and pull of the game in mysterious yet gripping terms: “I’m only in here to try to disappear, if I acquire plenty green I can turn clear.” So how about it Booth? Do you have love for Love No More? We’ll find out soon. While this track isn’t currently attached to any specific project, given Creek’s prodigious output, it’s only a matter of time.
Listen to More: Bobby Creekwater Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Acid Rain ft. Kamilah Summer" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.