As we heard on his recently released Back to the Briefcase 2 mixtape, former Shady representative turned independent champion Bobby Creekwater is an emcee of many voices, equally capable of murdering a track or making sweet, sweet love to it. On his latest offering Love No More we’re treated to a more subdued, observational side of Creek as he breaks down the sad state of affairs that is the modern hip-hop game. Backed by beatsmiths The Invisibles, who make themselves heard and not seen with a slowly unraveling, string laden beat, Creek gets lyrically abstract at times on the track, describing the push and pull of the game in mysterious yet gripping terms: “I’m only in here to try to disappear, if I acquire plenty green I can turn clear.” So how about it Booth? Do you have love for Love No More? We’ll find out soon. While this track isn’t currently attached to any specific project, given Creek’s prodigious output, it’s only a matter of time.
Listen to More: Bobby Creekwater Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Acid Rain ft. Kamilah Summer" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.