While we in the Booth have been behind Bobby Creekwater through good times and bad, there are, of course, others who would love nothing more than to see him fail. For those folks, the ATL repper has just four words: “I Hate You Too.” The Invisibles man the boards on this just-for-kicks, apropos-of-nothing leak, flipping a sample from Lloyd Banks’ Just Another Day into a string-driven beat that bangs despite a handclap-only percussion section. For his part, Creek sounds as aggressive and driven as ever, informing those who would stand in the way of his grind that: “My train of thought won’t allow derailment.” Providing moral support on the guest tip are Big Apple buzzmaker Mickey Factz, who laces the middle with his own brand of hater-baiting braggadocio, and Ontario O.G. Kardinal Offishall, who “flow[s] a little off kilter” on the back end. Will Bobby Creek get the shine he deserves anytime in the foreseeable? Fans should keep their fingers crossed and their browsers locked you-know-where; though this joint isn’t attached to any project, we’ll keep you posted on the latest developments in his independent hustle.
Written by richard on 10/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Acid Rain ft. Kamilah Summer" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.