Remember, if you work hard and stay focused, you’re sure to get rich and reach your goals… ha! While the American Dream is a nice thought, the reality is that it is damn near impossible to achieve. If you want an accurate portrait of the American Dream, I implore you to take a listen to Bobby Capri’s latest effort. Atop the lively boardwork of Cave Precise, Capri highlights the excess-driven, greedy values (or lack thereof) of today’s America. Booth favorite Jon Connor showcases his impressive, rapid-fire flows in a self-confident closing verse. Those of you who have been dreaming about a larger project from Capri will see their visions realized when his Instant Gratification EP drops later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.