Though not featured in the Booth when it dropped earlier this year, Bobby Brackins’ Ray J-assisted local hit 143 left no doubt that the Oakland rapper was prepared to make his mark on the national urban-music landscape. On the aptly-titled I’m Ready (his first feature), the West Coast buzzmaker drives the point home. Backed by Starting Six beatsmith Nic Nac‘s bouncy synth boardwork, the artist fills us in on just how excited he is to get down to business – both in the music biz and the sexual arena. In addition to straight-up announcing the record’s hit potential to those slow on the uptake (“This is a club-banger that’s radio-ready.”) Brackins wastes no time putting the moves on his girl, even suggesting they bring their bed to the club so they can break public decency laws in maximal comfort. R&B singer Marc Griffin sets the cherry on top of this pop confection, contributing his smooth vocals to the brassy chorus. Will Ready be the single that earns Bobby Brackins’ Live Good LP a solid release date from the Universal Republic brass? Only time will tell, but those digging it can, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 09/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop Wit It (Earthquake That Thang)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.