Though not featured in the Booth when it dropped earlier this year, Bobby Brackins’ Ray J-assisted local hit 143 left no doubt that the Oakland rapper was prepared to make his mark on the national urban-music landscape. On the aptly-titled I’m Ready (his first feature), the West Coast buzzmaker drives the point home. Backed by Starting Six beatsmith Nic Nac‘s bouncy synth boardwork, the artist fills us in on just how excited he is to get down to business – both in the music biz and the sexual arena. In addition to straight-up announcing the record’s hit potential to those slow on the uptake (“This is a club-banger that’s radio-ready.”) Brackins wastes no time putting the moves on his girl, even suggesting they bring their bed to the club so they can break public decency laws in maximal comfort. R&B singer Marc Griffin sets the cherry on top of this pop confection, contributing his smooth vocals to the brassy chorus. Will Ready be the single that earns Bobby Brackins’ Live Good LP a solid release date from the Universal Republic brass? Only time will tell, but those digging it can, as always, keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 09/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drop Wit It (Earthquake That Thang)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.