Since dropping off F**k Friends back in 2012, songwriter and emcee Bobby Brackins has put his solo career on hold to focus on his work behind the scenes, penning records for Chris Brown (Loyal) and Tinashe (2 On). Yesterday, however, he stepped out from the shadows to drop Hot Box, a joint which—if all goes as planned—will mark his comeback as a solo artist. Here, a simple, but effective RedWine production accompanies the artist as he spits about his two favorite things, besides driving, to do in his whip—namely, smoking and f**king. Indie buzzmaker G-Eazy contributes an engaging guest 16, and rising R&B songstress Mila J lends her vocals to the hook. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Hot Box is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on Brackins’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.