Multiple personalities are a great way for an artist to stand out from the pack (or they were, until everyone started having them) but, as Fight Club has taught us, things can get ugly fast when your alter egoes turn against one another. On newly-released single/video Where Are You, B.o.B and Bobby Ray find themselves at cross purposes—and, while their conflict seems unlikely to result in a skyscraper exploding, it does threaten to alter the course of his/their musical career(s). First to flow over his (their?) own piano-led production, B.o.B (the big-name rapper) indicts Bobby Ray (the regular guy) for choosing work over his family, isolating himself from his fans and selling out on his principles as a result of his success. Bobby Ray fires back at B.o.B. on verse two, accusing him of abandoning everything that made his style and sound unique in favor of radio-ready pablum. Finally, B.o.B. makes peace with his counterpart on the back, admitting that his sudden celebrity caught him by surprise and he’s still trying to figure it all out. Feeling this introspective (and ever-so-slightly schizophrenic) jam? Then you can look forward to hearing more from both B.o.B. and Bobby Ray on Strange Clouds, due out May 1, via Atlantic Records.
Written by richard on 03/20/12
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)