There’s a fine line between a music video and a short film, and B.o.B.‘s latest opus falls smack dab in the middle. Featuring a suspenseful narrative, attention-grabbing cinematography and copious CGI effects, Ricardo de Montreuil and Eliz Eskeranli‘s cinematic accompaniment to Through My Head feels like a summer sci-fi blockbuster compressed into six minutes. The record itself is an appropriately riveting complement to the action onscreen, with the artist delivering provocative political commentary (“If you I ruled the world, with my rules and sh*t / I’d prolly roll the Constitution up into a spliff.”) over his own atmospheric guitar loops. Underground Luxury, Bobby Ray’s third album via Grand Hustle/Atlantic, has yet to receive a drop date. As always, though, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)