There’s a fine line between a music video and a short film, and B.o.B.‘s latest opus falls smack dab in the middle. Featuring a suspenseful narrative, attention-grabbing cinematography and copious CGI effects, Ricardo de Montreuil and Eliz Eskeranli‘s cinematic accompaniment to Through My Head feels like a summer sci-fi blockbuster compressed into six minutes. The record itself is an appropriately riveting complement to the action onscreen, with the artist delivering provocative political commentary (“If you I ruled the world, with my rules and sh*t / I’d prolly roll the Constitution up into a spliff.”) over his own atmospheric guitar loops. Underground Luxury, Bobby Ray’s third album via Grand Hustle/Atlantic, has yet to receive a drop date. As always, though, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.