There’s a fine line between a music video and a short film, and B.o.B.‘s latest opus falls smack dab in the middle. Featuring a suspenseful narrative, attention-grabbing cinematography and copious CGI effects, Ricardo de Montreuil and Eliz Eskeranli‘s cinematic accompaniment to Through My Head feels like a summer sci-fi blockbuster compressed into six minutes. The record itself is an appropriately riveting complement to the action onscreen, with the artist delivering provocative political commentary (“If you I ruled the world, with my rules and sh*t / I’d prolly roll the Constitution up into a spliff.”) over his own atmospheric guitar loops. Underground Luxury, Bobby Ray’s third album via Grand Hustle/Atlantic, has yet to receive a drop date. As always, though, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.