There’s a fine line between a music video and a short film, and B.o.B.‘s latest opus falls smack dab in the middle. Featuring a suspenseful narrative, attention-grabbing cinematography and copious CGI effects, Ricardo de Montreuil and Eliz Eskeranli‘s cinematic accompaniment to Through My Head feels like a summer sci-fi blockbuster compressed into six minutes. The record itself is an appropriately riveting complement to the action onscreen, with the artist delivering provocative political commentary (“If you I ruled the world, with my rules and sh*t / I’d prolly roll the Constitution up into a spliff.”) over his own atmospheric guitar loops. Underground Luxury, Bobby Ray’s third album via Grand Hustle/Atlantic, has yet to receive a drop date. As always, though, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.