Saying that B.o.B. and Lil Wayne are the only Southern rappers who enjoy smoking Strange Clouds is like saying Snoop Dogg and Game are the only west coast rappers who enjoy driving lowriders. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that for the official remix to Bobby Ray’s title track he’s recruited some heavyweight emcees in the form of his Grand Hustle boss T.I. and Young Jeezy. The original’s Dr. Luke produced beat takes on a more dubstep feel for the remix, setting the airy synths aside in favor of a quickly riding hi-hat and deeply distorted bass guaranteed to rattle your speakers. Given that more aggressive back drop Jeezy’s equally high-caliber opening verse feels right at home, while B.o.B. follows with a typically pop culture reference heavy (word to The Jetsons) brand new verse, followed by TIP closing out the festivities by comparing his swag to the Art Deco movement; I don’t know what that means, but it sounds dope. Expect much more from B.o.B. as we draw closer to the release of his hugely anticipated sophomore album, Strange Clouds, which we already know contains a rare and very dope Andre 3000 verse.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/12/12
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.