It seems like only yesterday B.o.B. dropped off his latest official single, a jam which found him struggling to stay afloat as he navigated the troubled waters of fame and fortune. Wait, that was just f**king yesterday. Whether this is all part of some masterful marketing plan or someone at Bobby Ray Command Center is just sitting on the “Leak New Music” button, the ATL hitmaker has returned with another brand new cut off the project. On this album standout, the artist hones in one of the arguable perks of superstardom: namely, groupie love. Backed by his and Lil C‘s slow-rolling synth boardwork, the artist paints surprisingly charitable portrait of a gold-digger; though he knows full well she’s only in it for them Ray Bands (Which, despite sounding like one of those shady knockoffs you’d buy at a Chinatown gift shop called “Fashion & Plus,” is just his way of saying “Ray Bans.”) and other luxury goods, he seems perfectly willing to indulge her… at least, until her demands graduate from charmingly presumptuous to annoying. Feeling B.o.B.‘s latest release? I’m not counting, but I think you can expect at least a few yet-unleaked bangers on sophomore set Strange Clouds, d
ue out May 1, via Atlantic Records
Written by richard on 06/14/12
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.