In the brand new sequel to acclaimed shooter Crysis, the action moves from the first installment’s fictional Lingshan Island to the urban jungle of New York, where “high-tech armored cyborg war machines” stalk the city streets. And if that’s not enough to get your thumbs itching for some extraterrestrial slaughter, how about some new music from ATL hitmaker B.o.B to top it all off? Set to appear in the game’s launch trailer, NY NY is an ominous but anthemic banger that combines Frank Sinatra classic New York, New York – transposed into a minor key courtesy of MdL Productions – with the soaring vibes of Hova‘s Empire State of Mind. Lyrically, Bobby Ray gets a little more political than you’d expect, painting a picture that resembles a populist uprising more than an alien invasion: “This is the end, it’s a revolution, it’s a civilian revenge.” Complete with a sweeping chorus by Polly Scattergood (also borrowed from Sinatra’s joint), this joint should be just the thing to get hip-hop heads amped to pick up a copy of Crysis 2 (released today) as well as its soundtrack, which hits stores in April.
Written by richard on 03/22/11
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.