B.o.B.‘s highly-anticipated debut set contains its share of heavyweight guest appearances, but one of the most exciting collaborations in the bunch didn’t actually make it onto the final tracklist. Unreleased cut Not Lost finds ATL’s brightest rising star hooking up with his hometown’s biggest established name, T.I., to trade thoughts on the ups and downs of life in the spotlight. Though Bobby Ray’s people were unable to get clearance for the sample at the core of J.R. Rotem‘s beat – yes, contrary to the title, that is Coldplay’s Lost – the sweeping piano arrangement hits the perfect note of bittersweet determination as the headliner reflects on the price of success and makes a few predictions for the future (most of which have already been fulfilled). T.I.P. takes a philosophically-minded look at his recent prison stint on the middle verse, ending with the assertion, “If I ain’t the realest ever done it, I ain’t off by much.” Though Not Lost will not be appearing on The Adventures of B.o.B., you most definitely should not let that stop you from picking up a copy this Tuesday, the 27th.
Written by richard on 04/25/10
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.