B.o.B. is a musical anomaly. The ultra-creative and unique ATLien has recorded countless records for his yet-to-be-released debut project, but while waiting for a release date from his label he has decided to scrap a few cuts. One of the many to hit the cutting room floor is Left Field Lovely, a blend of R&B, hip-hop and soul. The Decatur born-and-raised artist du jour explains what stresses him out on this self-produced cut. While Left Field Lovely doesn’t hold that signature swagger that has everyone from DJBooth to XXL Magazine enamored with his work, it nonetheless finds B.o.B. going the extra mile to bring listeners something new and different. With hype continuing to build for his debut, The Adventures of B.o.B., look for this Martian to produce more out-of-this-world material in the days ahead.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/2/08
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.