B.o.B. is a musical anomaly. The ultra-creative and unique ATLien has recorded countless records for his yet-to-be-released debut project, but while waiting for a release date from his label he has decided to scrap a few cuts. One of the many to hit the cutting room floor is Left Field Lovely, a blend of R&B, hip-hop and soul. The Decatur born-and-raised artist du jour explains what stresses him out on this self-produced cut. While Left Field Lovely doesn’t hold that signature swagger that has everyone from DJBooth to XXL Magazine enamored with his work, it nonetheless finds B.o.B. going the extra mile to bring listeners something new and different. With hype continuing to build for his debut, The Adventures of B.o.B., look for this Martian to produce more out-of-this-world material in the days ahead.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/2/08
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.