B.o.B. is a musical anomaly. The ultra-creative and unique ATLien has recorded countless records for his yet-to-be-released debut project, but while waiting for a release date from his label he has decided to scrap a few cuts. One of the many to hit the cutting room floor is Left Field Lovely, a blend of R&B, hip-hop and soul. The Decatur born-and-raised artist du jour explains what stresses him out on this self-produced cut. While Left Field Lovely doesn’t hold that signature swagger that has everyone from DJBooth to XXL Magazine enamored with his work, it nonetheless finds B.o.B. going the extra mile to bring listeners something new and different. With hype continuing to build for his debut, The Adventures of B.o.B., look for this Martian to produce more out-of-this-world material in the days ahead.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/2/08
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.