Update: We have added the Asher Levin-directed visuals for B.o.B’s John Doe.
When you finally break through after years on the hustle, it’s tough not to overindulge in the pleasures that success has suddenly placed at your disposal. Take B.o.B; though he started out doing it for the love, his ascent to stardom kindled a powerful lust for liquor, drugs and promiscuous sex. On new single John Doe, the A-Town hitmaker takes a long, hard look in the mirror—and he isn’t sure he likes what he sees. Producer Geoffro Cause provides a crossover-friendly backdrop for Bobby Ray’s introspective bars, and Capitol Records singer/songwriter Priscilla Renea lends her vocals to the record’s hook. Fans will be able to find this joint, the recently-featured Throwback and much more on B.o.B’s Underground Luxury LP, out now.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.