Update: We have added the Asher Levin-directed visuals for B.o.B’s John Doe.
When you finally break through after years on the hustle, it’s tough not to overindulge in the pleasures that success has suddenly placed at your disposal. Take B.o.B; though he started out doing it for the love, his ascent to stardom kindled a powerful lust for liquor, drugs and promiscuous sex. On new single John Doe, the A-Town hitmaker takes a long, hard look in the mirror—and he isn’t sure he likes what he sees. Producer Geoffro Cause provides a crossover-friendly backdrop for Bobby Ray’s introspective bars, and Capitol Records singer/songwriter Priscilla Renea lends her vocals to the record’s hook. Fans will be able to find this joint, the recently-featured Throwback and much more on B.o.B’s Underground Luxury LP, out now.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.