In mid-March, B.o.B assisted his Canadian counterpart Classified by lending a collaborative hand on his latest single, Higher. Going back a little further, last fall, Bobby Ray lent a helping hand to Def Jam’s R&B sensation August Alsina, contributing a guest 16 to radio-ready single Numb. Clearly, the ATL native has been trying to tell us something: I’m “High as Hell.” In the song’s chorus, the now veteran artist tries to convince his audience that he ‘woke up in the morning’ to find himself in an altered state of mind. One look at the track’s feature accompaniment (oh, hello Wiz Khalifa), however, makes it rather hard to believe that B.o.B didn’t know what he was doing before going to bed the evening before. Fresh off the December release of studio album Underground Luxury, this self-produced street record has no current home on a larger body of work. Keep it locked to The DJBooth in the weeks ahead, though, to see if we finally Get It.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.