In mid-March, B.o.B assisted his Canadian counterpart Classified by lending a collaborative hand on his latest single, Higher. Going back a little further, last fall, Bobby Ray lent a helping hand to Def Jam’s R&B sensation August Alsina, contributing a guest 16 to radio-ready single Numb. Clearly, the ATL native has been trying to tell us something: I’m “High as Hell.” In the song’s chorus, the now veteran artist tries to convince his audience that he ‘woke up in the morning’ to find himself in an altered state of mind. One look at the track’s feature accompaniment (oh, hello Wiz Khalifa), however, makes it rather hard to believe that B.o.B didn’t know what he was doing before going to bed the evening before. Fresh off the December release of studio album Underground Luxury, this self-produced street record has no current home on a larger body of work. Keep it locked to The DJBooth in the weeks ahead, though, to see if we finally Get It.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.