In mid-March, B.o.B assisted his Canadian counterpart Classified by lending a collaborative hand on his latest single, Higher. Going back a little further, last fall, Bobby Ray lent a helping hand to Def Jam’s R&B sensation August Alsina, contributing a guest 16 to radio-ready single Numb. Clearly, the ATL native has been trying to tell us something: I’m “High as Hell.” In the song’s chorus, the now veteran artist tries to convince his audience that he ‘woke up in the morning’ to find himself in an altered state of mind. One look at the track’s feature accompaniment (oh, hello Wiz Khalifa), however, makes it rather hard to believe that B.o.B didn’t know what he was doing before going to bed the evening before. Fresh off the December release of studio album Underground Luxury, this self-produced street record has no current home on a larger body of work. Keep it locked to The DJBooth in the weeks ahead, though, to see if we finally Get It.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/14
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.