Yesterday, we featured Brooklyn rapper Q da Kid, who is On A Mission to save the rap game from ‘generic rappers’ and put creativity and lyricism back at the forefront of music. Today, we have yet another voice of creativity in the form of a recently-featured Atlanta emcee. What makes B.o.B. different is that he started out his career as a typical rapper; complete with a grill, an Eastside tattoo, and a back-story of dropping out of high school to pursue a career in music. Eventually, though, he realized that trying to fit in would get him nowhere musically, so he decided to scrap his style and stand out amongst the Generation Lost with a guitar by his side. As his work continues to receive critical acclaim, it only builds anticipation for his Atlantic debut, The Adventures of B.o.B..
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.