Yesterday, we featured Brooklyn rapper Q da Kid, who is On A Mission to save the rap game from ‘generic rappers’ and put creativity and lyricism back at the forefront of music. Today, we have yet another voice of creativity in the form of a recently-featured Atlanta emcee. What makes B.o.B. different is that he started out his career as a typical rapper; complete with a grill, an Eastside tattoo, and a back-story of dropping out of high school to pursue a career in music. Eventually, though, he realized that trying to fit in would get him nowhere musically, so he decided to scrap his style and stand out amongst the Generation Lost with a guitar by his side. As his work continues to receive critical acclaim, it only builds anticipation for his Atlantic debut, The Adventures of B.o.B..
Written by Burmy on 09/24/08
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.