Yesterday, we featured Brooklyn rapper Q da Kid, who is On A Mission to save the rap game from ‘generic rappers’ and put creativity and lyricism back at the forefront of music. Today, we have yet another voice of creativity in the form of a recently-featured Atlanta emcee. What makes B.o.B. different is that he started out his career as a typical rapper; complete with a grill, an Eastside tattoo, and a back-story of dropping out of high school to pursue a career in music. Eventually, though, he realized that trying to fit in would get him nowhere musically, so he decided to scrap his style and stand out amongst the Generation Lost with a guitar by his side. As his work continues to receive critical acclaim, it only builds anticipation for his Atlantic debut, The Adventures of B.o.B..
Written by Burmy on 09/24/08
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.