B.o.B hasn’t always been comfortable at the top—in fact, his music depicts him struggling with the demands of fame and success on a pretty much constant basis—but fans shouldn’t get it twisted; the ATL representative is damn proud to have made it this far. On Arenas, the fifth single off his second studio album, Bobby Ray gives himself a much-deserved pat on the back as he revisits the years of struggle that preceded his conquest of the game. Over Dr. Luke and Cirkut‘s stark, guitar-laced production, the headliner is joined by Grand Hustle head honcho T.I. and heavyweight hookman Chris Breezy. A currently unknown director provides understated visuals to accompany the record. Released in May, Strange Clouds is available for purchase now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.