B.o.B hasn’t always been comfortable at the top—in fact, his music depicts him struggling with the demands of fame and success on a pretty much constant basis—but fans shouldn’t get it twisted; the ATL representative is damn proud to have made it this far. On Arenas, the fifth single off his second studio album, Bobby Ray gives himself a much-deserved pat on the back as he revisits the years of struggle that preceded his conquest of the game. Over Dr. Luke and Cirkut‘s stark, guitar-laced production, the headliner is joined by Grand Hustle head honcho T.I. and heavyweight hookman Chris Breezy. A currently unknown director provides understated visuals to accompany the record. Released in May, Strange Clouds is available for purchase now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.