If you couldn’t get enough of B.o.B‘s latest Booth success, Airplanes, our beloved ATL hit machine has come to us yet again with another sure-to-be smash: Airplanes (Pt. 2). I can’t speak on how eco-conscious Bobby Ray is, but although Pt. 2 is a sequel, it’s definitely not recycled goods. Paramore’s Hayley Williams sticks around for the hook, but with the addition of Eminem‘s increasingly disturbing presence on the track, Airplanes propels itself even higher than the clouds it reached before. It’s arguably better than the original, but simply within the context of this record (without comparing) it’s difficult to determine whether Em adds value or simply maintains the status quo already set by B.o.B. If you’re predisposed to prefer the shadier things in life, though, this might quickly become you new favorite jam. You’ve already set aside cash to pick up The Adventures of Bobby Ray when it drops on April 27, right?
Written by Matty K on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.