If you couldn’t get enough of B.o.B‘s latest Booth success, Airplanes, our beloved ATL hit machine has come to us yet again with another sure-to-be smash: Airplanes (Pt. 2). I can’t speak on how eco-conscious Bobby Ray is, but although Pt. 2 is a sequel, it’s definitely not recycled goods. Paramore’s Hayley Williams sticks around for the hook, but with the addition of Eminem‘s increasingly disturbing presence on the track, Airplanes propels itself even higher than the clouds it reached before. It’s arguably better than the original, but simply within the context of this record (without comparing) it’s difficult to determine whether Em adds value or simply maintains the status quo already set by B.o.B. If you’re predisposed to prefer the shadier things in life, though, this might quickly become you new favorite jam. You’ve already set aside cash to pick up The Adventures of Bobby Ray when it drops on April 27, right?
Written by Matty K on 04/20/10
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.