Everyone knows that shooting stars are an ideal medium for wishing, but what if you’ve got a wish so urgent you can’t simply stand around, waiting for a comet to cross the sky? On yet another single off his long-awaited debut set, B.o.B suggests an answer to this dilemma: change the rules so Airplanes are also fair game. This introspective cut finds the ATL phenom delivering some characteristically conflicted meditations on the musician’s life over a tuneful, piano-led beat by Alex Da Kid. Paramore frontwoman Hayley Williams handles chorus duties, injecting the track with a dose of catchy, ever-so-slightly angstful pop-rock. It’s clear from this track that B.o.B’s wishing for a crossover hit – will he get what he desires? I’ll leave it to the readers to speculate. In any case, you’ll be able to pick up a copy of the longtime Booth fave’s hotly-anticipated freshman effort, B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, on the 27th, when it hits record stores and online retailers via Grand Hustle/Rebel Rock/Atlantic.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.