Everyone knows that shooting stars are an ideal medium for wishing, but what if you’ve got a wish so urgent you can’t simply stand around, waiting for a comet to cross the sky? On yet another single off his long-awaited debut set, B.o.B suggests an answer to this dilemma: change the rules so Airplanes are also fair game. This introspective cut finds the ATL phenom delivering some characteristically conflicted meditations on the musician’s life over a tuneful, piano-led beat by Alex Da Kid. Paramore frontwoman Hayley Williams handles chorus duties, injecting the track with a dose of catchy, ever-so-slightly angstful pop-rock. It’s clear from this track that B.o.B’s wishing for a crossover hit – will he get what he desires? I’ll leave it to the readers to speculate. In any case, you’ll be able to pick up a copy of the longtime Booth fave’s hotly-anticipated freshman effort, B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, on the 27th, when it hits record stores and online retailers via Grand Hustle/Rebel Rock/Atlantic.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.