Everyone knows that shooting stars are an ideal medium for wishing, but what if you’ve got a wish so urgent you can’t simply stand around, waiting for a comet to cross the sky? On yet another single off his long-awaited debut set, B.o.B suggests an answer to this dilemma: change the rules so Airplanes are also fair game. This introspective cut finds the ATL phenom delivering some characteristically conflicted meditations on the musician’s life over a tuneful, piano-led beat by Alex Da Kid. Paramore frontwoman Hayley Williams handles chorus duties, injecting the track with a dose of catchy, ever-so-slightly angstful pop-rock. It’s clear from this track that B.o.B’s wishing for a crossover hit – will he get what he desires? I’ll leave it to the readers to speculate. In any case, you’ll be able to pick up a copy of the longtime Booth fave’s hotly-anticipated freshman effort, B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, on the 27th, when it hits record stores and online retailers via Grand Hustle/Rebel Rock/Atlantic.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
Rebel Rock/Grand Hustle/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Haterz Everywhere We Go (Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.