When you hear “Northeast hip-hop,” it usually means rap music from New York, New Jersey, or Philly. Despite Pittsburgh’s high-standing status as one of America’s strongest blue-collar cities, it has never been viewed as a viable landscape for urban music. Looking to change all that is rapper Boaz, who is ready to hit the ground running side by side with Wiz Khalifa and labelmate S. Money when he drops his debut album, The Audiobiography (not to be confused with Novel‘s debut of the same name) this January. Following in the footsteps of such city anthems as Welcome to Atlanta and Still Tippin’, Boaz gives a blow-by-blow description of life in the Steel City and how its residents are doing it big in all the world’s trades. Produced by King James, Steel City will quickly become a local favorite; question is, will it convince the rest of the hip-hop world to see Pittsburgh in a new light?
Listen to More: Boaz Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gettin Mine" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!