When you hear “Northeast hip-hop,” it usually means rap music from New York, New Jersey, or Philly. Despite Pittsburgh’s high-standing status as one of America’s strongest blue-collar cities, it has never been viewed as a viable landscape for urban music. Looking to change all that is rapper Boaz, who is ready to hit the ground running side by side with Wiz Khalifa and labelmate S. Money when he drops his debut album, The Audiobiography (not to be confused with Novel‘s debut of the same name) this January. Following in the footsteps of such city anthems as Welcome to Atlanta and Still Tippin’, Boaz gives a blow-by-blow description of life in the Steel City and how its residents are doing it big in all the world’s trades. Produced by King James, Steel City will quickly become a local favorite; question is, will it convince the rest of the hip-hop world to see Pittsburgh in a new light?
Listen to More: Boaz
Written by Burmy on 12/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gettin Mine" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.