Two years after his signing to Rostrum Records, Boaz finally has a debut album on the horizon. On newly-released lead single How We Law, the Pittsburgh representative gives us a primer on his personal approach to the paper chase. None too surprisingly, it involves smoking the finest weed, kicking it with beautiful women and rolling through the city streets in gleaming whips. Beatnick & K-Salaam man the mixing boards, imbuing this joint with the same “hip hop-meets-reggae” vibe they brought to Smif N Wessun‘s recent Born and Raised EP. Dancehall mainstay Junior Reid lends his vocals to the chorus. Boaz’s freshman full-length currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gettin Mine" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.