Two years after his signing to Rostrum Records, Boaz finally has a debut album on the horizon. On newly-released lead single How We Law, the Pittsburgh representative gives us a primer on his personal approach to the paper chase. None too surprisingly, it involves smoking the finest weed, kicking it with beautiful women and rolling through the city streets in gleaming whips. Beatnick & K-Salaam man the mixing boards, imbuing this joint with the same “hip hop-meets-reggae” vibe they brought to Smif N Wessun‘s recent Born and Raised EP. Dancehall mainstay Junior Reid lends his vocals to the chorus. Boaz’s freshman full-length currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/7/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gettin Mine" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)