If you gave Boaz the chance, he’d probably talk your ear off about everything wrong with our world. Save your time and just watch a little CNN. During commercial breaks, however, feel free to tune into the Pittsburgh’s rapper’s new single, Crazy World, for an alternative take on things. Boaz covers everything from coke deals to the Iraq War, never missing a chance to complain about the powers that be. Producer Johnny Juliano, the man responsible for Wiz Khalifa’s trance-rap success, handles the beat, borrowing a catchy little piano melody from disco-soul artist Jamiroquai’s ‘96 hit, Virtual Insanity. Fellow Steel City native Josh Everette takes care of the laid-back hook. Crazy World will appear on Boaz’s upcoming album, The Audiobiography (Fall ‘08).
Written by Charlie E. on 08/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gettin Mine" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.