If you gave Boaz the chance, he’d probably talk your ear off about everything wrong with our world. Save your time and just watch a little CNN. During commercial breaks, however, feel free to tune into the Pittsburgh’s rapper’s new single, Crazy World, for an alternative take on things. Boaz covers everything from coke deals to the Iraq War, never missing a chance to complain about the powers that be. Producer Johnny Juliano, the man responsible for Wiz Khalifa’s trance-rap success, handles the beat, borrowing a catchy little piano melody from disco-soul artist Jamiroquai’s ‘96 hit, Virtual Insanity. Fellow Steel City native Josh Everette takes care of the laid-back hook. Crazy World will appear on Boaz’s upcoming album, The Audiobiography (Fall ‘08).
Written by Charlie E. on 08/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gettin Mine" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.