Following the skateboard rap trend set by artists like Lupe Fiasco and Pharrell, L.A. quartet Board Bangers are ready to bring their boards onto the scene. Their new single, Skate Like That, is basically a remake of the Digable Planets classic Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat), only with a hyphy-sounding beat. Day Day, Dymond, and Sk8board D brag about their board tricks (like The Pack does their Vans or Cool Kids do their Black Mags), standing out and drawing the coolest kids, albeit with more kid-friendly verses. Such skill and appeal should make the Board Bangers a group that the entire families can enjoy listening to together, yet something tells me The World Ain’t Ready For This.
Written by Burmy on 10/3/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.