As the newest representative of Latino hip-hop in New York City, Blvd Benny has already completed his debut album, Que Sera, Sera (Spanish for “what will be, will be”), and is waiting for a major label to come get it. One of the standout tracks on that album is Rock It Out; with a swagga-heavy flow and a bass-thumping beat (both by Benny), it would be the appropriate choice for single once he gets signed. Then again, given the industry’s taste for collabos, the actual single might be the remix with two other NYC MCs (both signed to Def Jam, no less): Yonkers’ Jadakiss and Benny’s fellow Brooklynite Fabolous each rock in in their own ways as well, bringing sharp lyricism and delivery (quite a unique combination these days) to enhance the original. Stay tuned to the DJBooth for updates on Blvd Benny’s label situation.
Written by Burmy on 01/6/09
Submit your Rating
808 Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.