As the newest representative of Latino hip-hop in New York City, Blvd Benny has already completed his debut album, Que Sera, Sera (Spanish for “what will be, will be”), and is waiting for a major label to come get it. One of the standout tracks on that album is Rock It Out; with a swagga-heavy flow and a bass-thumping beat (both by Benny), it would be the appropriate choice for single once he gets signed. Then again, given the industry’s taste for collabos, the actual single might be the remix with two other NYC MCs (both signed to Def Jam, no less): Yonkers’ Jadakiss and Benny’s fellow Brooklynite Fabolous each rock in in their own ways as well, bringing sharp lyricism and delivery (quite a unique combination these days) to enhance the original. Stay tuned to the DJBooth for updates on Blvd Benny’s label situation.
Written by Burmy on 01/6/09
808 Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.