As the newest representative of Latino hip-hop in New York City, Blvd Benny has already completed his debut album, Que Sera, Sera (Spanish for “what will be, will be”), and is waiting for a major label to come get it. One of the standout tracks on that album is Rock It Out; with a swagga-heavy flow and a bass-thumping beat (both by Benny), it would be the appropriate choice for single once he gets signed. Then again, given the industry’s taste for collabos, the actual single might be the remix with two other NYC MCs (both signed to Def Jam, no less): Yonkers’ Jadakiss and Benny’s fellow Brooklynite Fabolous each rock in in their own ways as well, bringing sharp lyricism and delivery (quite a unique combination these days) to enhance the original. Stay tuned to the DJBooth for updates on Blvd Benny’s label situation.
Written by Burmy on 01/6/09
808 Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)