I am not Blue, The Misfit‘s accountant, so I can’t tell you how many zeros are in his back account, but when it comes to Trill-ness he is the rap equivalent of Bill Gates; I guess you could even call him a TRILLionaire. Unsurprisingly, on this DJBooth premiere, the Dallas native keeps it all the way trill (who woulda thunk it?!). Atop his own, dark, heavy-handed boardwork (paced by a unique, echoed vocal chop), Blue showcases an attitude-filled, yet fluid flow that has the power to make you believe in his assertive, confident bars. Blue is accompanied by X, The Misfit, who in addition to his stage name, shares a similarly edgy style to add a surreptitiously dark vibe to the tune. TRILLionaire, along with last week’s Booth-featured Drugs on the Schoolyard, will appear on the forthcoming project, Child In The Wild.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drugs on the Schoolyard" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.