Under the moniker King Blue, Blue, The Misfit has worked closely with the whole TDE stable, even lending his boardwork to Kendrick Lamar‘s own P&P. Now, on the emcee/producer’s Booth debut and lead mixtape single, Drugs on the Schoolyard, the Compton phenom returns the favor. Rather than risking stealing the spotlight from the headliner by delivering a full 16, he plays the background, contributing his powerful flow to the record’s extended hook. Once K. Dot’s grabbed listeners’ attention, Blue takes over, lacing his own menacing, downtempo synth boardwork with rhymes heavily inspired by the final book of the New Testament: “I’m the seven-headed monster brought on by Revelations… the fallen angel mistaken, now you thinkin’ he’s Satan.” Has this diabolically fresh collaboration piqued your interest? Then keep your browsers locked for further singles leading up to the April release of Blue’s first full-length, Child in the Wild.
Written by richard on 03/20/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)