Blue Sky Black Death, the Seattle-based beat crew who brought us Valley of Kings back in May, have just unleashed their latest project, a five-track collection of 10-minute, shoegaze-informed cuts created on a ‘99 looping program. Sensing that your average hip-hop blog may not be adventurous enough to feature a record by that description (We in the Booth are, of course, down for just about anything.), they’ve decided to celebrate the project’s release by liberating something a bit more traditional. On the newly-released Keys, BSBD’s icy synth arpeggios and Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples set the stage for boastful guest verses from Gucci Mane, Deniro Farrar, Nacho Picasso and Mack Shine. Complete with promo art by seven-year-old portrait artist Yung Lenox, this record can be found as a bonus cut on the headliners’ Glaciers LP, out now digitally.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.