Blue Sky Black Death, the Seattle-based beat crew who brought us Valley of Kings back in May, have just unleashed their latest project, a five-track collection of 10-minute, shoegaze-informed cuts created on a ‘99 looping program. Sensing that your average hip-hop blog may not be adventurous enough to feature a record by that description (We in the Booth are, of course, down for just about anything.), they’ve decided to celebrate the project’s release by liberating something a bit more traditional. On the newly-released Keys, BSBD’s icy synth arpeggios and Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples set the stage for boastful guest verses from Gucci Mane, Deniro Farrar, Nacho Picasso and Mack Shine. Complete with promo art by seven-year-old portrait artist Yung Lenox, this record can be found as a bonus cut on the headliners’ Glaciers LP, out now digitally.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)