Blue Sky Black Death, the Seattle-based beat crew who brought us Valley of Kings back in May, have just unleashed their latest project, a five-track collection of 10-minute, shoegaze-informed cuts created on a ‘99 looping program. Sensing that your average hip-hop blog may not be adventurous enough to feature a record by that description (We in the Booth are, of course, down for just about anything.), they’ve decided to celebrate the project’s release by liberating something a bit more traditional. On the newly-released Keys, BSBD’s icy synth arpeggios and Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples set the stage for boastful guest verses from Gucci Mane, Deniro Farrar, Nacho Picasso and Mack Shine. Complete with promo art by seven-year-old portrait artist Yung Lenox, this record can be found as a bonus cut on the headliners’ Glaciers LP, out now digitally.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.