Blue Sky Black Death, the Seattle-based beat crew who brought us Valley of Kings back in May, have just unleashed their latest project, a five-track collection of 10-minute, shoegaze-informed cuts created on a ‘99 looping program. Sensing that your average hip-hop blog may not be adventurous enough to feature a record by that description (We in the Booth are, of course, down for just about anything.), they’ve decided to celebrate the project’s release by liberating something a bit more traditional. On the newly-released Keys, BSBD’s icy synth arpeggios and Chipmunk-pitched vocal samples set the stage for boastful guest verses from Gucci Mane, Deniro Farrar, Nacho Picasso and Mack Shine. Complete with promo art by seven-year-old portrait artist Yung Lenox, this record can be found as a bonus cut on the headliners’ Glaciers LP, out now digitally.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!