Introduced to the Booth via the massively-acclaimed Make a Move at the top of the month, Boston crew Blue Gold return to our pages with the freshly-released follow-up single off their collaborative debut—and it just so happens to be a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Running From My Life finds frontman J The S spitting about a trio of characters reluctant to face up to the reality of their respective situations: a woman in the grips of a quarter-life crisis, a husband and father who refuses to take responsibility for his family and finally an aspiring rapper who’s placed all his eggs in one basket (aka, Jake himself). Singer/beatsmith Franco Anthony crafts the record’s moody, guitar-laced backdrop, as well as teaming up with crewmate Joy Luv on the joint’s chorus. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the August arrival of Blue Gold’s DJBooth-hosted Candy Mouth EP.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make a Move" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.