Big Apple crew Blue Gold‘s last EP single, Make a Move, won overwhelming praise when it hit our front page back in July, scoring a phenomenal 4.3-star average reader rating. Is it possible to improve on that kind of greatness? While many producers would balk at the task, Evil Earn likes to live dangerously. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the buzzmaking beatsmith’s rendition of the cut has a more club-oriented vibe than the J. Glaze-produced original. Airy, syncopated keyboard chords and a measured electronic rhythm section set the mood as J The S delivers his casual, yet focused narrative bars. As before, Franco Anthony and Joy Luv handle the chorus. Time to weigh in, readers: how does this synth-driven revamp measure up against the original? The latter can be found on Blue Gold’s Candy Mouth EP, still available for free streaming and download on our pages.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Running From My Life" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.