Big Apple crew Blue Gold‘s last EP single, Make a Move, won overwhelming praise when it hit our front page back in July, scoring a phenomenal 4.3-star average reader rating. Is it possible to improve on that kind of greatness? While many producers would balk at the task, Evil Earn likes to live dangerously. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the buzzmaking beatsmith’s rendition of the cut has a more club-oriented vibe than the J. Glaze-produced original. Airy, syncopated keyboard chords and a measured electronic rhythm section set the mood as J The S delivers his casual, yet focused narrative bars. As before, Franco Anthony and Joy Luv handle the chorus. Time to weigh in, readers: how does this synth-driven revamp measure up against the original? The latter can be found on Blue Gold’s Candy Mouth EP, still available for free streaming and download on our pages.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Running From My Life" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.