Big Apple crew Blue Gold‘s last EP single, Make a Move, won overwhelming praise when it hit our front page back in July, scoring a phenomenal 4.3-star average reader rating. Is it possible to improve on that kind of greatness? While many producers would balk at the task, Evil Earn likes to live dangerously. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the buzzmaking beatsmith’s rendition of the cut has a more club-oriented vibe than the J. Glaze-produced original. Airy, syncopated keyboard chords and a measured electronic rhythm section set the mood as J The S delivers his casual, yet focused narrative bars. As before, Franco Anthony and Joy Luv handle the chorus. Time to weigh in, readers: how does this synth-driven revamp measure up against the original? The latter can be found on Blue Gold’s Candy Mouth EP, still available for free streaming and download on our pages.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Running From My Life" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)