Big Apple crew Blue Gold‘s last EP single, Make a Move, won overwhelming praise when it hit our front page back in July, scoring a phenomenal 4.3-star average reader rating. Is it possible to improve on that kind of greatness? While many producers would balk at the task, Evil Earn likes to live dangerously. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the buzzmaking beatsmith’s rendition of the cut has a more club-oriented vibe than the J. Glaze-produced original. Airy, syncopated keyboard chords and a measured electronic rhythm section set the mood as J The S delivers his casual, yet focused narrative bars. As before, Franco Anthony and Joy Luv handle the chorus. Time to weigh in, readers: how does this synth-driven revamp measure up against the original? The latter can be found on Blue Gold’s Candy Mouth EP, still available for free streaming and download on our pages.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Running From My Life" (2013)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.